Search form with fields searches vertically is often used by e-commerce websites, with the ability for customers to find products quickly and conveniently.
And you want to create a search form with fields searches in vertically but do not know how.
Just look at an example below. You can create the search form with fields searches vertically with many factors like categories, price, size, brand, color and so on just a few minutes.
How can I do that?
First of all, you need to install CP Live Search.
CP Live Search is one of the best WordPress plugins that help you create the search form in just a few minutes. You can create your own great search form templates in order to bring your customers a better experience and value on your website.
Before you see the documentation to create the search form with the search field vertically, make sure you have the CP Live search plugin installed.
After installing and running the CP Live search plugin, it’s easy to create the search form with the search field vertically.
Let’s get started!
Step 1: Add new a custom search form.
- In the administration interface, hover over the CP Live Search plugin, choose “Form Templates” to select the search templates available or click “Add new” to create a new custom search form template.
- Click “Edit with KingComposer”.
Step 2: Create a custom search form.
- Click “Element”
- Choose tab “CPLS Form” and then click “Form search” to build a custom search form template.
- After click “Form search”, hover over the “Form search” element and click “edit this element” to set “post type result” to search by page/post with the post title, post date, post status, post author, attachment, product, custom fields, and so on.
- Click “Add element” and select the appropriate elements with elements such as input textbox, radio, checkbox, select box, slide range, date picker, color picker, image select, rate, and button.
- Beside basic fields, CP Live Search is crafted the advanced one to maximize the compatibility to your current business.
Step 3: Add element “Button” to search form can search for information.
- After adding the elements that match your search form template, remember to always add element “Button“. If you DO NOT add element “Button”, the search form will only show in the frontend but not searchable.
Step 4: Click “Publish” to finish.
Save the search form template. Just by one click, you can use the search form template anytime and anywhere on your website.
You can create as many search form templates as possible. It depends on your customers’ demand.
Your customers will experience a good emotion when surfing your website.
You can see demo “Build search form template with search fields vertically” here for your search form templates.